Monday, September 26, 2011

It's National Pancake Day!

Today is National Pancake Day and I had planned on celebrating by making Dutch Baby pancakes for the family, but I ran into a road block when I realized that I didn't have a pan that would work to bake it in =(  This is a major problem because for as long as I can remember I've NEVER been able to make a decent batch of pancakes.  I can make awesome batter, but when it comes to cooking them I'm a total failure.  A moment before I gave up I decided to check trusty Alton Brown's site and see if there was anything else I could make that would work when I found his recipe for crepes.  Now, I may not be able to make a traditional pancake to save my life but apparently I was a crepe maker in a former life!  These were SO easy, and even for this pancake killer they came out perfect!  Anyone that has had bad luck making pancakes, give crepes a try - they're a lot easier than snotty french restaurants would have us believe!! I served the crepes rolled up with the Buttermilk Syrup recipe from the Dutch Baby page and it was one of the best meals I think I've ever made! I didn't get a chance to take pictures of them but I -did- manage to get a video of my youngest, Nathan, licking his plate clean afterward =)  Happy Pancake Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment